Sunday 22 April 2012

Bourjois Healthy Mix


(Bourjois Healthy Mix in 51 light vanilla)

I didn't go too in depth when taking photos of this, because lets face it, everyone and their cat has seen or heard about this foundation. I was previously using two 17 foundations, one too pale & horribly cakey, and one too dark. I was in the market for a new one and was debating getting my first 'high end' foundation, but because i really don't have problematic skin, so there's never really been the need to splurge. Considering this is such a raved product, i thought I'd give it a go before skipping over to MAC and getting one for double the price. I don't have problematic skin at all, i have pretty normal skin verging on dry every now and again, oh and i love a matte finish and a heavy enough coverage to hide my rosy cheeks.

This is marketed to leave a 16 hour perfectly glowing complexion. The glowey "dewey" look on ME makes me want to vomit, so it was a risk when i bought this, but a risk worth taking ;-).I like a matte finish, and even with foundations branded to be matte i still feel the need for a setting powder (MAC MSFN) but with this, I'm good to go. Which is strange because its marketed to be 'glowey' but i can bare to be parted with my powder when using this. I really like the finish, i wouldn't completely call it matte, more satin. It is also a dream to apply, i use my fingers cos I'm a bokka, but it also smells DIVINE. Which is fine for me because i don't have sensitive skin, but if you do, be aware that it is perfumed. 

The shade is perfect for me, but with that said, its not a broad shade range. If you have darker skin tones then this really isn't for you, also if you're paler than me (hard but possible) then maybe not either. Also without sounding like a complete dork, i really like the packaging. Because of the way it is dispensed non of the product is wasted at the bottom of the bottle where the pump can't reach. But unless you've seen the bottle or a bottle like this, you wont have a fucking clue what I'm talking about.

Overall i really like this foundation and I'm going to stick with it for now. Until i get bored of it, because i have a serious tendency to do that with foundations...


1 comment:

  1. Good review! I use this foundation everyday and I love it! New follower! :) xox

    ReplyDelete